At St Peters our students work together and encourage each other as equals in their learning. We also provide the individual attention they need in an inclusive, collaborative environment.
We believe that:
- learners construct their own meanings from the ideas, objects and events that they experience;
- learning happens when existing conceptions are challenged;
- learning requires action and reflection on the part of the learner;
- learning involves taking risks.
We also believe that learning is enhanced by:
- activities that build on and respect students prior knowledge;
- activities that the learner regards as purposeful and interesting;
- constructive feedback;
- using and developing appropriate language;
- challenges within a supportive framework;
- opportunities for students to work collaboratively.